This light and fluffy carrot soufflé is one of our families favorite sided dish recipes!
- 3 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the carrots for 12-15 minutes until they are fork tender. Drain the carrots and let cool slightly before adding to your food processor.
- Blend the carrots until almost completely smooth, leaving a few pieces for texture.
- Add the pureed carrots to a bowl along with the butter, white sugar, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, flour, baking soda, cream, eggs and cinnamon.
- Add the carrot mixture to a 8″ x 8″ buttered baking dish. Top with the additional 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool slightly before adding the powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot souffle recipe, side dish recipe, side dishes, thanksgiving sides, christmas sides, easter sides, carrot recipes, how to make carrot souffle, easy carrot side dish