This versatile Brown Gravy Recipe can be used on so many things! Mashed potatoes, french fries, meatloaf, turkey or chicken!
- 3 cups beef stock or broth (can add in some meat drippings if you have them)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef base (We use Better Than Bouillon)
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of water mixed with 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Splash of heavy cream (optional)
- Add all the ingredients except the cornstarch and water mixture to a pot. Whisk together and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the cornstarch mixture while whisking to prevent any lumps.
- Bring the gravy back to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the cream if using, then serve.
This gravy can be made ahead and kept in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The beef base is salty, so add salt at the end of the recipe to taste.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, gravy recipe, brown gravy recipe, no drippings gravy, easy recipes