This Brown Gravy Meatloaf Recipe is so easy and delicious, you’ll be making it all the time! Serve this beef meatloaf with our simple brown gravy recipe that can be made in just 5 minutes!
- 2 1/2 pounds meatloaf mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Brown Gravy Recipe (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions, salt and pepper and cook for 7-8 minutes until slightly caramelized and softened.
- Add the garlic, stir and cook for a minute longer, then add the thyme, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce.
- Work the tomato paste into the onions and garlic, then pour in the chicken broth and stir. Let the chicken broth reduce for 1 minute and then turn the heat off and remove the skillet from the burner to cool.
- To a large bowl, add the meatloaf mix along with the eggs and breadcrumbs. Once the onion mixture has cooled, add it to the bowl with the meat and mix to combine. (Clean hands work the best!)
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. (You can also use a piece of parchment paper) Form the meat into a loaf shape and place in the oven.
- Cook the meatloaf for 50-55 minutes. Check the meatloaf after 50 minutes to see if it’s cooked through, this will depend on the size and shape you made your meatloaf.
- While the meatloaf is in the oven you can make the brown gravy by following the recipe link. When the meatloaf comes out of the oven, pour the gravy over the top of the meatloaf or slice the meatloaf and serve the gravy on the side.
Meatloaf mix is a ground meat combination of beef, pork and veal which is sold in most grocery stores.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, meatloaf recipe, meatloaf, brown gravy meatloaf, best meatloaf recipe, meatloaf, with brown gravy, easy meatloaf recipe