This butter glazed Baked Ham is one of the easiest and most delicious ham recipes ever! Juicy and moist with a caramelized brown butter exterior!
- 8–10 pound bone-in cooked ham
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, sliced
- 7–8 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- For The Glaze:
- Drippings and liquid from the roasting pan
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of a large roasting pan along with the slices of butter, garlic and bay leaves.
- Remove the rind from the ham (optional), then score the ham into a diamond shape pattern. Place the ham on a baking rack and into the roasting pan. Cover the roasting pan with foil and bake for 2 hours, basting with the juices from the roasting pan after the first hour.
- Remove the ham from the oven. Carefully remove the ham and rack from the roasting pan and place onto a heat safe surface. Drain the juices from the pan into a pot (discarding the bay leaves), then place the ham and rack back onto the roasting pan. Cover the ham with foil to keep warm.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and let reduce for 5 minutes the butter will darken and get brown during the cooking time. Whisk in the brown sugar and mustard and then remove from the heat.
- Baste the ham with half of the glaze and return the ham to the oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove the ham from the oven and baste again with the other half of the glaze and bake for another 20 minutes.
- When the ham registers 160 degrees on a thermometer, remove the ham from the oven and place it on a board. Let the ham rest, covered with foil for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
The cooking time in this recipe is for a 10 pound ham, adjust the cooking time higher or lower depending on the size ham you have. The usual cooking time is about 20 minutes per pound, until a thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ham recipe, baked ham recipe, glazed ham recipe, ham glaze recipe, holiday dinner, thanksgiving recipes, christmas recipes, how to bake a ham