These Bourbon Steak Kabobs have the most addicting bourbon and brown sugar glaze! these steak kabobs are perfect for dinner at home or for your next BBQ!
For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
For The Kabobs:
- 2 pounds sirloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 10 ounces mushrooms (you’ll need 16 mushrooms total for 8 kabobs, see note)
- 1 red onion, sliced into thick wedges (see photos for size)
- 8 wooden or metal skewers (soak for at least 1 hour if using wooden)
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl. Add the cubed steak into a resealable bag and pour the marinade into the bag. Make sure all the steak is coated in the marinade and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Remove the steak from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and place onto a board along with the vegetables. Add a piece of steak followed by a few pieces of onion and then a mushroom. Repeat until you have 2 pieces of each ingredient on the skewer. Make the remaining 7 skewers in the same pattern, cutting some of the mushrooms in half if you run out of mushrooms.
- Preheat the grill to 375-400 degrees. Spray the kabobs with an olive oil cooking spray before adding them to the grill and then grill for 4-5 minutes on both sides. Remove the kabobs from the grill and place on a plate covered with foil.
- Pour the reserved marinade into a small pot and bring to a boil. Boil the marinade for at least 5 minutes and then remove from the heat. Baste the kabobs with the glaze and serve any extra glaze on the side for dipping.
If you run out of mushrooms for the kabobs you can cut some of the larger ones in half.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, kabobs, steak kabobs, bourbon steak, grilling recipes, steak on the grill, recipes on the grill, recipes using steak