Serve this Egg Salad Recipe on your favorite bread for a sandwich or with crackers for a light meal or snack! Creamy, rich, perfectly seasoned egg salad is always a hit!
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped (see note*)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (regular or low fat)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, depending on your taste
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust if needed.
- Chill the egg salad for 1 hour before serving if possible to let the flavors combine.
To Store Egg Salad: Keep the egg salad tightly wrapped, or even better in a covered container. As delicious as egg salad is, it does give off a little bit of a funky egg smell, so if you want to avoid that just keep it tightly covered or wrapped. Before serving, give the egg salad a stir again to blend it all back together. This salad will stay fresh in your refrigerator for up to five days.
Make Easy To Peel Hard Boiled Eggs: If you don’t have to DASH rapid egg cooker (link in post) add eggs to a pot with cold water, bring to a boil and then cover the pot and remove from the heat. Let the eggs sit for 12 minutes and then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mantitlement, how to make hard boiled eggs, egg salad recipe, best egg salad, leftover recipes, easy recipes, lunch recipes, appetizer ideas, low carb recipes