These Beer Glazed Ham Steaks are an easy way to have a ham dinner! Just a simple ham glaze takes this ham recipe up a few notches in flavor!
- 3 –8 ounce ham steaks
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 1/3 cups of beer, any brand you like drinking (plus extra for marinating the ham steaks)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Marinate the ham steaks in 3 cups of beer one to three hours.
- Take the ham out of the beer and pat dry.
- Sear the ham steaks in a large skillet over medium-high heat, 3 minutes per side. Remove the ham steaks to a plate and cover with foil.
- Make the glaze by combining the brown sugar, mustard, balsamic vinegar and the remaining 1/3 cup of beer. Bring to a simmer and let thicken for 5 minutes.
- Add the ham steak back to the skillet with the glaze, tossing to coat.
- Remove the ham to a platter and spoon additional glaze from the skillet on top. If you didn’t use all the glaze to coat your ham you can heat it up and serve it as a sauce on the side.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beer glazed ham, ham glaze, ham recipes, ham steaks