These sweet & spicy jalapeños are the perfect addition to your cheese and cracker platter! These candied jalapeños are also a great sandwich topper or nacho topping!
- 1 lb. jalapeños, sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup beer (any kind you like drinking)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 /4 teaspoon mustard seed
- Pinch of salt
- Bring the vinegar, beer, sugar, pepper flakes, mustard seed and salt to a boil. Stir and cook until the sugar is dissolved. Add the jalapeños, stir and cook while simmering for 5 minutes.
- Remove the jalapeños with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Bring the liquid back to a boil, turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes to reduce the glaze.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Add the jalapeños to a covered container or mason jar. Pour the glaze over the jalapeños and chill in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving.
You can store these jalapeños in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to a month.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American / Tex-Mex
Keywords: candied jalapeños, appetizer recipe, cowboy caviar, snack recipes, cheese and cracker topping