Comfort food dinners like this Burgundy Beef Soup are all I have on my mind these days! Beef, mushrooms and noodles in a delicious, red wine beef broth!
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup small egg noodles
- Add the oil to a soup pot or dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Brown the mushrooms, stirring about 10 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until almost browned though, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, carrots, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir and cook together with the beef and mushrooms until the beef is cooked all the way though.
- Pour the wine into the pot, stir and let reduce 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and beef broth. Bring to a low simmer, then cook for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Taste for seasonings (adjust if needed) then add the noodles. Stir and cook covered for 8-10 minutes until the noodles are cooked.
- Pour in the cream and stir, then serve!
- Category: soup
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, beef soup recipe, soup with mushrooms, ground beef recipes, comfort food