This fried rice recipe tastes even better than from a restaurant! The trick to making the rice here will have you making it all the time, like a pro!
For the pork
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup Stubb’s Pork dry rub
- 1/2 cup Stubb’s Sticky Sweet BBQ sauce
For the Rice
- 5 cups rice, cooked and cooled in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to overnight
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 t. Stubb’s Pork dry rub
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Take the dry rub and cover the pork tenderloin on all sides. Put the pork on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, pull the pork out of the oven and cover the top with the BBQ sauce. Place back in the oven and cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- While the pork is cooking you can start the rice. Heat up one tablespoon of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a wok or a heavy bottomed non-stick pan.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and scramble until cooked through. Remove the eggs to a plate.
- Heat up the second tablespoon of oil in the same pan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next add the garlic, stir and cook for a minute more.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan, peas, eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil, grated ginger and the dry rub. Stir together to heat through and then turn the heat to low.
- When the pork is done, slice it into 1/2′ thick slices and then cut into cubes.
- Add the diced pork to the rice, stir to combine and serve.
This BBQ Pork fried rice was also really good with a drizzle of the sauce added to the top after cooking!
- Calories: 2834
- Sugar: 49g
- Sodium: 5347mg
- Fat: 71g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Unsaturated Fat: 51g
- Carbohydrates: 358g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 176g
- Cholesterol: 889mg
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top/oven
- Cuisine: Asian/American
Keywords: pork fried rice, fried rice recipe, dinner recipes, low fat meals, pork tenderloin, barbecue sauce