These turkey burgers are even better than a restaurant! Top these turkey patties with your favorite BBQ Sauce and thick slices of bacon!
For The Turkey Burger Patties:
- 2 pounds ground turkey (93% lean)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper, depending on your taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 heaping tablespoons grated onion with juice
For The Toppings:
- Fried Onions
- BBQ Sauce
- 12 slices thick cut bacon, cooked
- Mix all the ingredients for the turkey burger patties together in a large bowl.
- Spray a large skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat. You can also spray your hands with cooking spray or wet them slightly with water so the turkey mixture won’t stick to your hands when you’re forming the patties.
- Form the turkey mixture into 6 patties, about 5 ounces each. You can make smaller patties, about 4 ounces each and get 8 turkey burgers.
- Place the patties onto the hot skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until no longer pink in the center. During the last minute of cooking on the second side, add the cheese to melt.
- Transfer the turkey burgers onto a plate covered with foil and repeat with the remaining patties.
- Serve the turkey burgers topped with warm BBQ sauce and bacon 2 slices each.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey burger, turkey burger recipe, burger recipe, low carb recipe, low carb dinner recipe, recipes with ground turkey, dinner ideas, bacon recipes