Bacon Wrapped Smokies are a quick and easy appetizer that everyone loves! Perfect for game days, parties and holidays!
- 14 ounce package little smokies, removed from package and dried with paper towels
- 1 pound of bacon, not thick sliced
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the bacon strips into thirds and then wrap each piece of bacon around a hot dog (you might have a few pieces of leftover bacon). Place a toothpick through the seam (see the pictures in the post) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Mix the brown sugar, dry mustard and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- Toss the little smokies in the sugar, a few at a time, until they are well coated. Place the hot dogs back on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, then rotate the pan and cook another 10 minutes until the bacon is crisp.
Store: Store cooled down, leftover hot dogs in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Reheat leftover hot dogs in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, just until warmed through. You can also reheat the hot dogs in the microwave for about 20 seconds just until they are warm.
Freeze: Freeze cooked and cooled down hot dogs in resealable freezer bags for up to 3 months. Reheat frozen hot dogs on a parchment lined baking sheet in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, little smokies, bacon wrapped smokies, bacon wrapped hot dogs, game day food, easy recipes, holiday appetizers, thanksgiving appetizers, christmas appetizers