A delicious homemade Bacon Shrimp Toast recipe! Forget take out, this tasty appetizer can be made right at home!
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, tails removed and deveined
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (or fresh grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg white
- White and black sesame seeds
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Duck sauce for serving
- Chives for garnish
- Add the shrimp, bacon, scallions, garlic, ginger, salt, sugar, cornstarch, sesame oil and egg white into the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the mixture onto a slice of bread in an even layer, cover with sesame seeds and cut into 4 triangles. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Add enough oil to a skillet to come about 1/4 inch up from the bottom of the pan. Heat over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Place the shrimp toast sesame seed side down into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Flip to the other side and cook for one more minute being careful to watch so the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Remove to a paper towel lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining shrimp toast.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve with duck sauce for dipping.
- Category: appetizers
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: shrimp toast recipe, bacon shrimp toast, appetizer recipes, better than take out, bacon recipes, shrimp recipes