This delicious Apple Bourbon Glazed Ham will look stunning on your holiday table! We love serving this ham recipe for family parties and Sunday dinners too!
- 8–9 pound bone-in spiral ham (Discard glaze packet if it comes with one)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
For The Bourbon Glaze:
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon or apple whiskey
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- Place the ham in a roasting pan, flat side down. Pour the apple juice over the ham and then cover the entire ham with foil. Cook at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- While the ham is in the oven, make the glaze by adding the ingredients to a small saucepan. Heat the glaze until the sugar is dissolved and then set aside to cool.
- After the 1 1/2 of cooking, take the ham out of the oven and pour the glaze over the ham, using a brush if needed to make sure all the ham is coated. Return the ham to the oven, uncovered and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to 400 degrees. Remove the ham from the oven and baste with glaze and juices in bottom of pan. Cook the ham for another 15 minutes at 400 degrees to caramelize the glaze.
- Remove the ham from the oven, baste again and let rest, tented with foil for 15 minutes. Slice the ham and serve on a platter with more of the juices from the pan.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ham recipe, bourbon ham, glazed ham, baked ham, spiral sliced ham, brown sugar glaze, bourbon glaze, holiday dinners