These Air Fryer Tacos are a 15 minute dinner recipe! So crispy, you won’t believe they aren’t fried in oil. Dip ’em in sour cream, guacamole, salsa and all your favorite taco toppings!
- 1 tablespoon avocado, vegetable or canola oil (can also use non-stick cooking spray)
- 4 heaping cups of cooked, shredded chicken (1 rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup refried beans (fat free or regular)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream (regular or reduced fat)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 16 small, 6 inch flour tortillas
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat, swirling to coat the pan. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken gets a slightly brown sear. Stir in the refried beans, cheese, sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook the filling until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- After the filling is done, we like to char the tortillas on both sides. Our gas range allows us to do that right over an open flame but if you have an electric cooktop, just heat the tortillas up in a skillet with a little bit of oil.
- Next lay a tortilla on a board and add approximately 1/4 heaping cup of the filling to one side. Fold the tortilla over to close and set aside. Repeat with the remaining tortillas until the filling is gone. We’re using a small, 6 inch tortilla for these air fryer tacos, so you should end up with about 16 mini tacos.
- Give the tacos a thin layer of oil, either with a cooking spray, an oil mister or brush them lightly with oil. Preheat your air fryer if necessary to 400 degrees. Add the tacos in a single layer if possible and cook for 8 minutes, flipping over in between if needed. We have a rack based air fryer so we don’t have to flip our food when we cook, but if you have a basket type air fryer, you’ll have to flip over the tacos in between the cooking time.
- Serve immediately with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, red onion and all your favorite taco toppings!
To reheat the tacos in the air fryer: Brush the outside of the taco lightly with oil or use an oil cooking spray. Air fry at 400 for 5 minutes until brown and crispy!
To reheat the tacos in the oven: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Brush the outside of the taco lightly with oil or use an oil cooking spray. Place the tacos on a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 7-8 minutes, flipping over if needed, until brown and crispy.
Oven instructions: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees (if you have a convection oven option, that’s the best bet, but the regular oven will work, too). Place the tacos on parchment paper and oil the top side of the taco either with cooking spray or by brushing a thin layer of oil on top.
Bake for 5 minutes, flip, brush with oil and bake another 5 minutes on the other side. Give the tacos a few more minutes if they aren’t crisping up as much as you would like.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American / Tex-Mex
Keywords: mantitlement, mini tacos, air fryer tacos, chicken tacos, recipes with rotisserie chicken, easy chicken recipes, taco recipes