Air Fryer Eggplant is so crispy and delicious, without the extra oil! Use this all purpose recipe to make sandwiches, pasta recipes and eggplant parmesan!
- 1 medium to large eggplant
- 1 cup seasoned, whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs beaten with a splash of milk
- Kosher salt for seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degree if needed.
- Peel the eggplant if desired, or leave the skin on. Slice the eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Add the breadcrumbs into a bowl along with the parmesan cheese and mix together. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl with a splash of milk.
- Dip each slice of eggplant into the egg mixture, letting the excess egg drip off. Dip the eggplant into the breadcrumb mixture making sure to press the coating into each side well. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet while you bread the rest of the eggplant.
- Add the breaded eggplant into your air fryer in a single layer. Spray generously with an oil based cooking spray and then cook for 4 minutes. Flip the eggplant over and spray with oil again, then continue to cook for another 4 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Season the eggplant slices as soon as they come out of the air fryer with a sprinkle of salt and fresh black pepper if desired.
- For ideas on what to use this air fried eggplant for – besides just eating as is – refer to the full post.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, air fryer recipes, eggplant recipes, air fried eggplant, air fryer eggplant, breaded eggplant, healthy recipes, low fat recipes