A delicious pesto pasta side dish that can be served as a side dish or even the main meal!
- 1 lb. dried pasta (any variety of tube shaped pasta or even spaghetti will work)
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add all the ingredients except the olive oil to a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and then slowly drizzle in the oil until combined.
- Reserve a cup of the pasta water before draining and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the pesto and stir, pouring in a little pasta water at a time to thin the pesto out. You might not need it all so do this in stages.
- Add more parmesan cheese to the top before serving if desired.
- Category: pasta
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta recipe, pesto pasta, zucchini pesto, side dish recipes, parmesan cheese, walnuts