This addicting vegetable side dish is sure to become a family favorite! These tender vegetables tossed in our famous whiskey glaze are perfect for holidays or family dinners!
For the Whiskey Glaze
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced or pushed through a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup Whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like the glaze)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoon of water
For the Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 – 12 oz. packages baby carrots
- 2 – 9 oz. packages brussels sprouts, cut in half and ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Make the whiskey glaze by heating up the oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then add in the rest of the ingredients except for the whiskey and cornstarch mixture.
- Whisk together and let cook for 10 minutes, simmering.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully pour in the whiskey. Stir and let cook for another 5 minutes, then bring back to a boil and whisk in the cornstarch mixture.
- Let the glaze come back to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes to thicken and then remove from the heat.
- In a large non-stick wok or skillet, add the oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the carrots and brussels sprouts to the pan and season with the salt and pepper.
- Toss the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes. Pour in 1/2 cup of water and cover the skillet to let the vegetables steam for 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of the whiskey glaze over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: side dish recipe, side dishes, holiday side dishes, carrot recipes, brussels sprout recipes, vegetable side dishes