Make this creamy, comforting Turkey Stew with your leftover turkey! A hearty and comforting meal that’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, washed and cubes (skins on or off)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 6 cups cooked, diced turkey
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
- Pour the olive oil into a 6-7 quart dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery to the pot, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the pot and stir to combine. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Season with salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary and then sprinkle in the flour. Stir and let cook for one minute. Pour in the wine to deglaze the bottom of the pot, scraping up the bottom of the pot as it reduce. Let the wine reduce for 2 minutes, the pour in the chicken stock and stir. Bring the stew to a boil, then turn down to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the turkey to the pot along with the cream and parsley. Stir and let cook for 10 minutes to thicken. Taste for seasonings and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, turkey stew, stew recipe, leftover turkey recipe, leftover recipe, comfort food recipes