This Pumpkin Lasagna has the most delicious, creamy sauce! A little help from the store gets this cozy turkey lasagna on the table faster than you might think!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped sage
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (nor pumpkin pie filling)
- 15 ounce jar store bought Alfredo sauce
For The Ricotta Filling:
- 2 (15 ounce) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the oil to a large skillet, 12-13 inches, over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened, then add the ground turkey to the skillet. Cook the ground turkey, breaking up into smaller pieces, until no pink remains. Drain any drippings from the pan, if any. Season the turkey with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and sage and then stir to combine. Remove the turkey from the heat and set aside.
- Add the pumpkin puree and the jar of Alfredo sauce to a bowl and whisk together to combine, In another bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of sauce to the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Layer 4 lasagna noodles, overlapping on top of the sauce. Add half of the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the noodles, spreading out to cover the noodles. Now add half of the ground turkey filling, followed by a 1/3 of the pumpkin Alfredo sauce. Add 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce, along with 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese. Repeat with another layer of 4 noodles, the rest of the ricotta cheese, the other half of the turkey filling, 1/3 of the sauce, 1/3 of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Top that layer with 4 more lasagna noodles, the rest of the sauce and the last of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with non-stick aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover the lasagna and bake for another 20 minutes until the cheese on top is melted and the lasagna is warmed through.
- Let the lasagna rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with more chopped parsley if desired and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, lasagna recipe, turkey lasagna, pumpkin recipes, comfort food recipes, holiday recipes, recipes with ground turkey