These Turkey Apple Meatballs with Whiskey Glaze were a huge hit with our family over Thanksgiving – not sure who liked them more, the adults or the kids! This easy ground turkey appetizer is the perfect party food!
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, grated or finely diced
- 1 cup apple, grated and juices squeezed out
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
For the Whiskey Glaze
- 6 cloves of garlic, grated with a hand grater or chopped very fine
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1/2 c. water
- 3/4 c. pineapple juice
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 c. Crown Royal Whiskey
- 1/2 – 1 t. cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like the glaze)
- 1 1/2 T. cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 T. of water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl until combined.
- Using a 1 1/2 T. scoop, portion out the meatballs onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until firm and cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking you can start the whiskey glaze by adding all the ingredients to a medium saucepan except for the cornstarch mixture.
- Bring the glaze to a boil, then whisk in the cornstarch mixed with water and bring back to a boil again.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes until the glaze reduces and thickens.
- When the meatballs are done, place in a large bowl and toss with the whiskey glaze.
- At this point, you can also put the meatballs tossed with the glaze into a crock pot and set on low or the keep warm setting until ready to eat.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy turkey appetizer, easy meatball appetizers, easy party food appetizers, thanksgiving appetizer idea