These delicious tuna cakes are just as good as crab cakes without the price tag! This easy dinner recipe is on the table in just 15 minutes!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 cans water packed albacore white tuna, drained (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons regular or light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs (can also use regular)
- Chopped, fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Add the oil to a skillet over medium heat. Cook the shallot and celery for 4-5 minutes until softened. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Add the drained tuna to a bowl and flake with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, egg, lemon zest, mustard and breadcrumbs. Add the cooled shallots and celery and mix together to combine the ingredients.
- Form the mixture into 4 cakes and set on a plate. Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, carefully add the tuna cakes and let cook for 3-4 minutes until browned. Turn the tuna cakes over and cook another 3-4 minutes on the other side.
- Season with fresh black pepper and kosher salt and serve with chopped parsley for garnish. (optional)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlament, tuna cakes, tuna fish recipe, recipe with canned tuna, low carb recipes, healthy recipes, easy recipes