Light and fresh with a little spiciness from the jalapeño, this Tropical Shrimp Bruschetta Recipe is a perfect summer appetizer that won’t weigh you down.
- 1 large french baguette
- 3/4. pound cooked shrimp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large, ripe mango, chopped into a medium dice
- 1 large, ripe avocado, chopped into a medium dice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, diced finely (use the whole pepper if you like it spicy)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2″ sized slices and place on a baking sheet. Brush the bread slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Take out and let cool.
- Chop the shrimp into bite sized pieces and add to a medium bowl.
- Next add the mango, avocado, lime juice, jalapeño, cilantro, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste for seasonings and adjust if needed.
- Top the toasted bread slices with the shrimp topping. garnish with fresh cilantro if desired and serve.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bruschetta recipe, appetizers, appetizer recipes, shrimp recipes, recipes with avocado, light appetizers