This Taco Bell Mexican Pizza tastes just like the famous, fast food version! Crispy tortillas stuffed with beans and ground beef, topped with tons of gooey melted cheese!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying the tortillas
- 8 taco sized, flour tortillas
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce for topping if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add the ground beef, breaking up into crumbles as it browns. When the ground beef is cooked through, drain the grease from the pan and then add the taco seasoning and water. Stir and let cook for 2 minutes until the water mostly evaporates. Removes from the heat and set aside.
- Add a thin layer of oil to another skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add a tortilla to the pan and fry for 1 minute on each side until crispy and golden brown. Remove the tortilla to a wire rack placed over a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas
- Spread a thick layer of refried beans on four of the fried tortillas. Divide the taco meat between each of the tortillas, adding on top of the beans.
- Add the remaining four tortillas on top of the ground beef and beans. Spread about 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce on the tops of the pizzas, followed by a layer of cheese.
- Bake the pizzas for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and the centers are warmed through. Top with diced tomatoes and scallions and garnish as desired.
This recipe is written for (4) thinner Mexican Pizzas. If you want the pizzas to have more filling, like ours in the photos, use the same measurements in the recipe card and make (2) Mexican Pizzas.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American / Tex-Mex
Keywords: mantitlement, mexican pizza, taco bell mexican pizza, ground beef recipes, game day food, party food ideas