This is the BEST coleslaw recipe ever! Super creamy and not watery…this coleslaw is delicious on it’s own as a side dish or piled onto tacos or your favorite pulled pork sandwich!
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (green and purple) See Note*
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated onion (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Add the cabbage and carrots to a large bowl and toss together to combine.
- Mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, pepper, dijon mustard, onion (if using) and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and carrots, tossing as you go until all the vegetables are coated with the dressing. You might not use all of the dressing, so add about half to start and then add more as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
If you do want to buy pre-shredded cabbage or a coleslaw mix in a bag, buy 2 (14 ounce) bags.
If you want to shred the cabbage yourself, you’ll need 2 small heads of cabbage (if you want to use both colors), or 1 medium head of green or purple cabbage.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, coleslaw recipe, creamy coleslaw, side dish recipe, side dishes, bbq sides, potluck sides, cabbage recipes, sandwich toppings, taco toppings, slaw recipe