Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 1/2 T. Truvia® zero calorie sweetener
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. almond extract
- 1 t. ground fennel seed
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. pignoli nuts
- Beat together the butter, Truvia®, ground fennel seed, salt, vanilla and almond extracts together in a large bowl.
- Add the flour and mix until it just comes together.
- Get out a long piece of plastic wrap and place the cookie dough on top..
- Shape the dough into a long, 8″ log and wrap tightly with the plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, or you can do this the night before.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the dough carefully into 1/4″ slices and lay out on your baking sheets.
- Place the desired amount of pignoli nuts on each cookie and bake for 10-15 minutes, just until the edges are slightly brown.