This pound cake recipe is bursting with fresh strawberries! A great homemade gift for parties or the holidays!
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a standard loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth and lightened in color. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating in between each addition. Add the egg yolk, the milk and both extracts and blend until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture, in two batches and stir together until combined. Fold in the strawberries and then pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly and then remove from the loaf pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pound cake recipe, dessert recipe, easy dessert recipes, cake recipes, recipes with strawberries