A quick, tasty appetizer recipe for parties! Crispy, store bought phyllo shells are filled with spinach and sausage!
- 3 packages of frozen phyllo dough cups (15 per pack)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 (10 oz.) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 lb. hot italian sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 c. grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and start browning the sausage, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add in the onion and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together all three cheeses with the spinach, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the cooled sausage mixture and stir well to combine.
- Place the phyllo cups on a baking sheet (you might need 2) and fill to the top with the filling.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the filling is set and the phyllo cups are slightly browned.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: appetizer recipes, italian sausage recipes, party food