This turkey chili recipe is made with leftover turkey meat! You can also use leftover chicken or grab a rotisserie chicken from the store!
- 1 lb. cooked, shredded turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 poblano peppers, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans white beans
- Grated cheddar or jack cheese for topping
- Tortilla chips
- lime wedges
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onions, poblano and jalapeño peppers to the pot and stir to soften for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook one minute more, then season with the salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- Pour in the chicken broth and beans then bring to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- After the chili has simmered, stir in the turkey and the lime juice, test for seasonings and cook 5 more minutes.
- Serve with grated cheese, more lime wedges and tortilla chips.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chili recipe, leftover turkey recipe, dinner ideas, dinner recipes