A mushroom rice recipe is perfect as a side dish or as a main meal! Keep it vegetarian or add ground pork or beef!
- 4 cups of cooked white rice
- 10 ounces white or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Start by melting the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and let brown, stirring, for 10 minutes.
- Next add the shallot, jalapeño, salt and pepper and let cook for another minute or two.
- Deglaze the skillet with the marsala wine and let reduce for 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and stir, then add the cooked rice.
- Stir together and then season with more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Add a few splashes of chicken stock to reheat if you’re making this ahead of time.
This recipe works best with cold, leftover rice. If you’re making rice for this recipe let it cool down completely before using.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: side dish, rice dish, easy sides, mushroom recipes, holiday sides, leftover rice, rice recipe