Thus fun candy filled caramel corn is perfect for watching the big game!
- 1/2 c. popcorn kernels (will get you about 12 cups popped)
- 2 T. peanut or canola oil
- 10 mini Snickers® candy bars, chopped
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/3 c. corn syrup
- 1 t. baking soda
- Start by popping your popcorn.
- Heat up the oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add in the popcorn kernels and cover.
- Grab a hot mitt and shake the pot back and forth once the popcorn starts to pop.
- Once it’s all popped, careful not to let it burn, turn the heat off and remove your popcorn to a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Now you can start your caramel sauce.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and corn syrup to a medium sized pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the butter and sugar are completely melted.
- Cook for 5 minutes until it almost comes to a boil.
- Carefully add in the baking soda, stirring so that it doesn’t boil over.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn and stir so that all the popcorn is coated.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, taking out to stir every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add your chopped Snickers candy bars all over the top of the popcorn and let sit for an hour. The chocolate will melt slightly and stick to the caramel corn, but then you want to give it time to cool and harden again.
- Break the caramel corn into pieces and serve.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel corn recipe, carmel popcorn, snack recipes