This 5 ingredient slow cooker chicken recipe has so many uses! Make nachos, tacos, add it to salads, or pile it on buns with avocado or mayonnaise.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 7 ounce can green chilis
- 4–5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste, at least a teaspoon
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and set on low for 6 hours and high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Add to a bowl with some of the liquid from the slow cooker poured on top to keep the chicken moist.
This recipe makes about 4-5 cups of shredded chicken.
You can also let the remaining broth from the slow cooker cool and keep it in your refrigerator for serving the chicken to keep it juicy for days.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker recipes, crock pot recipes, chicken dinner, easy chicken recipe, low carb recipe, low fat recipe, shredded chicken, mexican chicken, slow cooker chicken breast