This super comforting, crock pot chicken is one of our favorite fall meals! Pile it on buns or eat it as is for a low carb dinner!
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese
- 3 ounce package real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- Canned fried onions for topping
- 8 Pretzel buns
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then add it to a slow cooker along with the cider and cream cheese.
- Cook on low 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken, shred, then place back into the slow cooker and mix together with the cream cheese and cider and then stir in bacon bits.
- Serve on a bun with crunchy fried onions on top.
Nutrition information is for the chicken only, not the buns or fried onions
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy chicken recipe, chicken recipes, slow cooker recipes, crock pot recipes, easy dinner recipes, shredded chicken, recipes with bacon, low carb recipes