This super creamy, comforting pasta recipe is so easy to make! Lots of vegetables round out this comforting pasta dinner!
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes fresh spinach tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 – 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, stir, and cook a minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes that have been drained and stir to combine with the onions and garlic, then pour in the wine.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until most of the wine has evaporated then add the cream, parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach to the skillet stirring into the sauce. Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes until the spinach is wilted and the sauce is thickened.
- Next add both packages of the tortellini, stirring into the sauce then cover the skillet with a lid.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until the tortellini is cooked, stir, test for seasonings and serve.
- If you like the sauce thinner, you can add more chicken broth at the end.
You can substitute one box of frozen spinach for the fresh, defrosted if needed. Also red pepper flakes would be great in here instead of black pepper if you like it more spicy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta recipes, dinner ideas, dinner recipes, one pot meals, comfort food, tortellini