This hot spinach artichoke dip is the perfect appetizer for parties, holidays or game days! Make in the oven or your slow cooker!
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped into bite sized pieces*
- 10 ounces frozen, chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3–4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the artichoke hearts, spinach, mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the filling into an oven proof skillet or an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and the remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the cheese is melted on top.
- Place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes if you want to the top browned, or serve as is.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Add the artichoke hearts, spinach, mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and 1 cup of either the mozzarella cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Pour into a 2-3 quart slow cooker that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook on low heat for 2 hours or until the filling is warmed through.
- Once the dip is warm, add the remaining 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese to the top of the dip, cover for a few minutes to let the cheese melt and then serve. Use the warm setting on your slow cooker to keep the dip warm.
* You can also use frozen, defrosted artichoke hearts
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, spinach dip, hot spinach dip, spinach and artichoke dip, dip recipes, easy recipes, gamed day food, party food