This shrimp poutine is our budget friendly take on a dish we had at Epcot in Disney World!
- 2 pound bag Crinkle Cut french fries
- 12 ounce bag of small, cooked shrimp
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 3 scallions, chopped
For the Cheese Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread the fries out on a baking sheet and cook according to the package instructions for 20-25 minutes.
- Start making the cheese sauce by adding the butter to a medium pot to melt. Once melted whisk in the flour to make a paste. Cook while whisking for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the milk slowly, while whisking and let come to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and let the milk mixture cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the seasonings and the cheese and stir.
- Toss the shrimp in salt and pepper and heat in a skillet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Just to warm them though.
- When the fries are done, remove them to a serving dish or to individual plates. Cover with the shrimp and then the cheese sauce and garnish with the chopped scallions.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: poutine recipe, shrimp recipe, french fries