This Sazerac Cocktail Recipe is just what we need to get our Mardi Gras party going – a classic whiskey cocktail with a history that goes back to the 1800’s!
- 1/2 t. Sambuca
- 1/4 cup Rye Whiskey
- 1 lemon twist, for garnish
- 1 Sugar Cube Soaked with Bitters, or add 4-5 dashes of Angostura bitters to a sugar cube and let soak for a minute or two.
- Swirl the sambuca around the inside of a glass and empty out.
- Add in the rye whiskey and the sugar cube.
- Garnish with the lemon twist.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sazerac recipe, sazerac cocktail, whiskey cocktail, cocktail recipe, mardi gras recipe, easy cocktail recipe, how to make a whiskey cocktail