A hearty, comforting soup recipe that’s good for you too!
For the Roasted Zucchini
- 12 cups diced zucchini (2 extra large zucchini or about 6 small zucchini)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
For the soup
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 of a jalapeno, seeded and diced (if you like it a little spicier you can throw in the whole thing)
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray and divide the copped zucchini between the pans.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil onto each baking sheet, half of the salt and half of the pepper. Toss the zucchini to coat.
- Roast for 35 minutes, turning once halfway between cooking. While the zucchini is roasting you can start the soup.
- In a large stock pot, add the oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add in the diced onion, garlic, jalapeño and carrot. Cook for 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add in the salt, pepper and cumin, and bay leaf and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Next add the chicken stock and the roasted zucchini and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, then blend the soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Stir in the cream a taste for seasonings.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup recipe, healthy soup recipe, creamy soup recipe, zucchini recipes