Homemade Roasted Garlic Aioli is creamy, garlicky, and so easy to make. Slather it on burgers or sandwiches or use it as a dip for vegetables or french fries!
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by cutting the top third off of a head of garlic. This recipe will work with one head of garlic or up to as many as you need to make. Make sure that the cut exposes all of the cloves of garlic for the garlic to roast properly.
- Place the head of garlic in a piece of foil that’s large enough to wrap all around the head of garlic. Drizzle the head of garlic with olive oil and then season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Wrap the head of garlic up in the foil and place on a baking sheet in the oven for 45 minutes. The garlic should be caramelized and soft, if it needs more time wrap it up again and place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze the cloves of garlic into bowl and use a fork to smash the cloves until smooth. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine, cover and let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
Store: Store the garlic aioli covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Category: Marinades & Sauces
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American