These tender artichokes are a delicious side dish to any meal! You can serve this artichoke recipe as a holiday side dish too!
- 4 medium sized artichokes
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the stems off the artichokes, then pull off the tough outer leaves. Cut the artichokes in half from the stem to the tip and scrape out the choke with a spoon.
- Pour the chicken broth and wine into an 11x 13 baking dish, then add the artichokes cut side down. Add the garlic cloves and 4 tablespoons of butter around the dish.
- Season the artichokes with with salt and pepper to taste, then cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Test to see if the artichokes are tender by inserting a knife or toothpick into the stem of the artichoke. Place the foil back on the baking dish to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, add the remaining butter and melt until and browned.
- Remove the artichokes from the dish, draining off any excess liquid and place into the skillet cut side down. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat until the artichokes have browned on the edges.
- Remove to a serving platter, cut side up, and then carefully pour the juices from the baking dish over the artichokes.
- Garnish with the parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top/Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: artichokes, artichoke recipe, side dish recipe, vegetarian recipes, vegetables, roasted vegetables, thanksgiving sides