These Pumpkin Thumbprint Cookies are so east to make! A sweet cream cheese center fills this cake-like pumpkin cookie!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon sugar for dusting (optional)
For The Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the flour baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, oil, egg and vanilla to another bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the flour to the wet ingredients, a little at a time and mix until just incorporated.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, portion out the batter 2 inches apart onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes, rotating the pans in between baking. Remove the cookies from the oven and then use a spoon to make an indent in the center of each cookie. Transfer the cookies to baking racks and let cool.
- Make the filling by adding the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla extract to a bowl, mixing with a beater until smooth.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, use a small spoon or a piping bag to fill the centers of the cookies.
- Dust the cookies with cinnamon sugar and serve.
Store: Store these cookies in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, cookie recipes, thumbprint cookies, christmas cookies, thanksgiving desserts, pumpkin recipes, pumpkin desserts, pumpkin cookies