This Pumpkin Cornbread is giving all the fall vibes! Super moist and flavorful, with just the right amount of pumpkin spice!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9″ x 9″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the flour, cornmeal, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the pumpkin puree, sour cream, brown sugar, white sugar, melted butter and eggs to a second bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, in two batches, whisking to combine after each addition. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cornbread cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Store: Let the cornbread cool to room temperature and then store in resealable bags or an air tight container for up to 4 days on the counter, a week in the refrigerator.
Freeze: Let the cornbread cool to room temperature, slice and wrap each square in plastic wrap then freeze in resealable freezer bags for up to 6 months. Remove a pieces of cornbread when needed and let defrost at room temperature before toasting or reheating in the microwave.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, cornbread recipes, pumpkin cornbread, thanksgiving sides, thanksgiving side dishes, pumpkin recipes