These delicious pork dumplings are perfect for appetizers or a light dinner!
- 3/4 pound lean ground pork
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 scallions, minced finely
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package of square wonton wrappers
For The Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated or minced finely
- 1 tablespoon scallions, minced finely
- Mix all of the dumpling ingredients (not the wrappers) in a small bowl until well combined.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of filling into the center of a wonton wrapper, then wet 2 sides with water and fold over to seal into a triangle. Take the left and right points and fold up onto the wonton (shown in photo)
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in a light coating of peanut oil to the bottom of the skillet. Once the oil is hot, add as many dumplings that will fit in a single layer.
- Let the dumpling cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottoms get browned, then carefully pour in 1/4 cup of water and cover the skillet quickly. Let cook for another 3-4 minutes until filling is cooked through.
- Remove and repeat with remaining dumplings.
- Make the dipping sauce by adding all the ingredients to a small bowl and mixing together to combine.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dumplings, fried wontons, appetizer recipes, pork dumplings