We coated these fried zeppoles in a beer glaze that’s out of this world!
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Vegetable oil for frying
For the Glaze
- 1/4 cup of Beer
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the beer, vanilla extract and the powdered sugar into a medium bowl, stir well.
- Melt the butter, water, sugar and salt in a saucepan until it comes to a boil. Boil for 10 seconds, then take off the heat and stir in the flour until it forms a ball of dough. Put back on the heat and stir for 2 minutes.
- Take the dough and place into a mixmaster on medium speed. Add in the eggs one at a time, then mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- Heat up your oil in a deep pot, only halfway up the sides, until it reaches 375 degrees.
- Drop the zeppole dough by heaping tablespoons into the oil and fry for 5 minutes, turning them over halfway through frying.
- Take out and drain on a paper towel. Cool completely, then dip the zeppoles into the Peroni glaze. Drain on a wire rack and let dry for 20 minutes and then dust with powdered sugar.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Deep Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zeppoles, dessert recipes, fried dough, glaze