This super creamy, super fluffy mashed potato recipe is the only way we make our mashed potatoes!
- 5 lb. bag of russet potatoes
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and peel the potatoes, then cut them into fourths. You might have to cut larger potatoes in more pieces, just try and make them roughly the same size.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot, then cover the potatoes with cold water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of kosher salt to the water then turn the heat on high and bring to a boil.
- Once the water has come to a boil, turn the heat down to medium and let the potatoes simmer until they are fork tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and place them into a large bowl.
- Heat the milk and cream together over low heat in a small saucepan while you rice the potatoes.
- Put the cooked potatoes through the potato ricer right back in to the same pot, then add the butter, parmesan cheese, sour cream, milk, cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir a few times just to combine the ingredients and create a smooth texture, taste for seasonings and adjust if needed.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in covered in the pot or transfer to a slow cooker set on low or the keep warm setting.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mashed potatoes, mashed potato recipe, smooth mashed potatoes, fluffy mashed potatoes, side dish recipe, potato recipe