Peppermint Krispies Treat Shots are a dessert shot for your Christmas party! Make these edible shot glasses ahead of time and fill them before serving!
For the Drink:
- 1 shot UV Cake vodka
- 2 shots Rumchata
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermints
For the Glasses
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 1 can of vanilla frosting
- 1 cup crushed peppermints
- 1 bottle magic shell or 1 10 oz. bag melted peppermint kisses. *See note
- Start making the drink by combining all the ingredients into a glass bowl.
- Let the drink sit for at least an hour while you make the glasses.
- Melt the butter in a large pot then stir in the bag of marshmallows until melted.
- Add in the cereal and stir until well combined and transfer to a glass bowl.
- Working with two shot glasses, one that fits inside the other, put some of the treats in the bottom of the larger shot glass as the base.
- Then take the smaller shot glass and use it to push down the base to flatten it. This shot glass also becomes the mold for the sides, so hold it in the center of the larger shot glass and start filling in the edges until you get to the top.
- Push down from the “rim” of the krispies treat glass to make sure it’s firm.
- Remove the inside shot glass carefully then pull out the krispies treat shot glass.
- Repeat with the remaining treats until they’re all formed. Depending on what size shot glasses you use will depend on how many you end up with.
- If your krispies treats start to harden up on you, pop the bowl into the microwave for 20 seconds and If you’re using the Magic Shell to line the insides of the glasses, just squirt some in an then use a spoon or your finger to paint it all around the inside. This is what makes your shots leak proof so make sure not to miss any spots! If you’re using the melted kisses, it’s basically the same thing, just spoon a little in and paint it all around the inside.
- Chill the shot glasses in the freezer for an hour before filling.
- Use the vanilla frosting to rim the tops of the glasses and then sip them in the crushed peppermints.
- Fill the glasses with the cocktail mixture and serve.
- Don’t forget to eat the glass!
If you’re using the kisses to coat the inside of the shot glasses, just unwrap them and place them in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals, taking out and stirring in between until completely melted.
- Category: Shots
- Method: Assemble and Mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: edible shot glasses, peppermint shots, krispie treat shots, christmas shots, party shots recipe, party drinks, party drink ideas