This Pepper Steak recipe is bursting with flavor! Tender steak cooked with peppers and onions in an addicting garlicky, gingery sauce. Serve as is or over rice!
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil, divided
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 pound flank steak or sirloin steak
- 3 medium bell peppers, assorted colors, sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced in half and cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste or finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Add 1 tablespoon of the oil oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook, while stirring for 7-8 minutes until softened. Remove the peppers and onions to a plate.
- Mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and cornstarch together in a small bowl.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Add the remaining oil to the skillet and sear for 2 minutes on each side until browned. Add the peppers and onions back to the pan along with the garlic and ginger.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and stir to combine with the steak and vegetables. Let the sauce simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened and serve over rice if desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, skillet dinners, steak recipes, beef, recipes with sirloin, recipes with flank steak, easy dinner ideas, pepper steak