This Peach Custard Tart is prefect with your morning coffee or after dinner for dessert! This recipe will make (6) 5″ x 3″ tarts or one large 12″ x 8″ tart.
- (2) 14 oz. bag frozen, sliced peaches, defrosted (if using fresh you’ll need about 6)
For the crust
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Pastry Cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup International Delight Simply Pure Vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup peach jelly, thinned with a tablespoon of water
- Start by making the crust. In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add in the flour and salt until just mixed, then form into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill in the refrigerator while you make the pastry cream.
- Add the milk and Simply Pure Coffee Creamer to a pot over medium heat.
- Whisk in the egg yolks one at a time until completely mixed in.
- Whisk in the sugar and then bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of the milk mixture from the pot until there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture back into the pot while whisking until it thickens.
- Cook for one minute, whisking then remove the pot from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it’s a little larger than your tart pan. You’ll want the dough pretty thick, about 1/2″ so you get a nice, thick crust.
- Lightly press the dough into the tart pan, trimming off the edges when you’re done.
- Poke the bottom of the crust with a fork so it doesn’t rise.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Fill the crust with the pastry cream and then layer on the sliced peaches.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the peaches are slightly brown on the edges and the pastry cream is bubbling.
- Brush the tops with the jelly and let cool.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven / Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach tart, tart recipes, dessert recipes, peach pie