This fun taco recipe makes taco night a breeze! No bowls of toppings to set out, all the flavor is right inside!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce can) Diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce can) green chiles
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 (8 inch) flour or whole wheat tortillas
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the beef, breaking up with a spoon into crumbles until completely cooked through. Drain the grease and return to the skillet.
- Next add the diced tomatoes, green chiles, salt, cumin and garlic powder. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes to warm the filling through, then transfer to a bowl.
- Carefully wipe out the skillet with paper towels and spray with cooking spray.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet and top one half of the tortilla with about 3/4 cup of the filling and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over to cover the meat half (like an omelette), press down with a spatula or a plate and cook for 2 minutes until the bottom is crispy.
- Flip the taco over to crisp up the other side, another 2 minutes, then remove from the skillet and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
This recipe will serve 12 for appetizers and 6 for dinner
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: taco recipe, beef tacos, fried tacos, dinner, dinner recipe, appetizers