Overnight french toast is perfect for busy mornings, overnight guests or holiday entertaining! This rich, delicious brioche french toast has hints of pumpkin spice to get you in the mood for fall!
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 pound brioche bread
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Powdered sugar, Whipped topping and maple syrup for serving
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish. Slice the brioche into 1/2 inch thick slices and then spread one side with the softened butter. Place the bread in the baking dish upright, overlapping the slices (as shown in the photos).
- Add the eggs, milk, cream, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt to a large bowl. Whisk until combined and pour over the bread, pressing the bread lightly into the liquid.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. (about 6 hours needed, but can be longer)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap and add the chopped pecans to the top of the bread. Bake until lightly browned, about 45-50 minutes. If the top gets too dark as it’s baking, cover with foil and continue baking until the center of the bread is set.
- Let the french toast rest for 10 minutes and then top with powdered sugar. Serve with whipped topping and maple syrup if desired.
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: french toast, breakfast recipes, breakfast casseroles, pumpkin french toast, pumpkin recipes, brioche recipes, brunch recipes, overnight casserole